On the Plate

Polls are over and we still have to wait for another three days before any results are announced in Bharath. Parents with first hand elections experience from home are here with us now. Getting together at the dining table with a plate of decent meal can always be a good place for a lively discussion about current happenings. That’s what had happened this afternoon at home. We had a typical Andhra bhojanam (Annam, avakaya, tomato pappu, beerakaya kura and on the side cherry tomatoes and carrots from the garden, along with coriander rasam and curd) and a lively chat. What was on your plate today?

Meal Today
Meal Today

• By Shri, May 13, 2009 @ 2:17 pm

The plate looks inviting! We had roti, masoor dal, okra curry, rice and curd.

• By Shri, May 13, 2009 @ 2:21 pm

You have tomatoes and carrots already in your garden!!! Growing our own food gives such satisfaction. We live in Oregon and yet to get some real sunshine. It’ll be a month before we can harvest.

• By Kalyani, May 13, 2009 @ 2:57 pm

Plate looks tempting indira … We had rice, spinach pappu, rasam and curd

• By Madhuri, May 13, 2009 @ 3:19 pm

Wow, Looks so delicious. I had Rice with Beans curry.

• By Trupti, May 13, 2009 @ 3:20 pm

Nice meal. We had rajma chawal.

• By Cilantro, May 13, 2009 @ 4:08 pm

We had rice, cucumber kootu, Plantain fry and curd.

• By Mythili, May 13, 2009 @ 4:10 pm

Indira-
    Our inlaws are visiting us too. Lively chat watching “Batman Begins”, tomato dal, beetroot fry, avakaya, curd and moti chur laddu :)

• By Preethi, May 13, 2009 @ 5:35 pm

yummy yummy yummy! Wish i could grab that plate.. Lovely post..

• By vineela, May 13, 2009 @ 6:42 pm

We had rice ,chow chow and sunburst patty pan squash sambar,carrot beans koora ,buttermilk.
    Love the colorful platter.
    vineela

• By Rupa, May 13, 2009 @ 9:37 pm

We had Rice, Masoor Dal, Shrimps fry and Cabbage sabzi :)

• By Uma, May 13, 2009 @ 10:40 pm

Even though the weather was tricky, my maggai came out well. So, kota maggai, rice and curd.

• By Prasanti, May 13, 2009 @ 10:58 pm

Wow, looks so fresh! I tried out so many of your recipes. I can’t thank you enough… Thank you for inspiring me. Yet, this is my first comment ever.:)
    We had brown rice with veggie sambar, beetroot fry and curd.

• By Nirmala, May 13, 2009 @ 11:00 pm

In our pevious house we used to grow lotsa greens and often it will be seen on our plates. But this house is not suitable for gardening. The plate looks so very perfect! And I bet the taste would have never let anybody talk other than the food. We had Mulai keerai+ thattai payaru kootu, yam fry and tomato rasam wits curds ofcourse :)

• By Veena, May 13, 2009 @ 11:45 pm

Rice, Sambar, Spinach vepudu, Taro fry, rasam and buttermilk

• By Vandya, May 14, 2009 @ 12:00 am

we had broken wheat with garlic rasam. No rice for few weeks. Also, I made Avakaya pickle at home…very first time.

• By Suman, May 14, 2009 @ 3:00 am

Today’s lunch was simple and tasty ….. Rice and tomato-onion-beans-carrot sambhar ….

• By arundati, May 14, 2009 @ 4:42 am

wow!! that avakaya and tomato pappu has my mouth watering!! i had rotis, mamidikaya pappu and cauliflower vepudu for lunch… but i want some of what’s on your plate….cant wait for the great indian ballot battle to start… counting is day after!!

• By sahiti, May 14, 2009 @ 5:39 am

We had maamidikaya pappu, gummidi vadiyalu, kakarakaya kura[bellam, chintapandu vesi]Aava mukkalu and curd for lunch.Waiting for good mangoes to make avakaya etc.

• By Ranjan, May 14, 2009 @ 10:12 am

Hi Indira, your meal looks lovely. Yesterday we had your receipe of cauliflower with kasturi Methi, really wonderful it was especially with raisans and with roti’s. Today not sure still at work. Hope you and your in-law’s are enjoying the visit.

• By sowmya, May 14, 2009 @ 10:35 am

Hi Indira, Your meal looks lovely :) Tomato pappu huh? Yum! :)
    We had Hot Hot Aloo Parathas with Bhoondi Raitha. :)

• By radha, May 14, 2009 @ 1:24 pm

rice, radish pappu, cabbage fry, curd and appadam.

• By Indian Girl, May 14, 2009 @ 3:05 pm

Pasta with a side of sauteed Belgian endives.
    Your lunch is mouth watering-ly good. Gimme dhal & pickle anyday and I’m a happy camper ! I’d love my lunch to be this except I’ll probably need second and third servings or everything – YUMM !

• By Swathi, May 14, 2009 @ 3:24 pm

Your plate looks sooo yummy and mouth watering Indira. Especially on Thursday’s, it’s a feast for my eyes only, because I fast on every thursday. However its tomato pappu with vadiyaalu and curd for my little one.

• By Ranjitha, May 15, 2009 @ 5:34 pm

WOW! Looks yummy. We had potato fry, tomato rasam, mamidikaya pacchadi, papad n curd with rice.

• By Regil, May 20, 2009 @ 8:14 am